Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ghost Town

I just watched this movie the other day.

It was pretty good. A little too fantastic for my taste; I had to make an effort to get carried away by the story. Gervais is incredibly funny, but his sad character is very similar to me, which kind of bothered me. Tea Leoni was gorgeous as always. I won't go into details about the plot. I don't want to ruin it for you.

What I can say though is that when the movie ended, I stared off into infinity (As the makers of the film probably intended.) and tried to analyze my own life.

The conclusion?

People suck. Why? Because very few people will actually do that. Most will get up from their seats and wonder whether they should go out to eat or stay in, or some other mundane crap. Sure, a few will introspect, but it'll be so few that I can confidently say that on average people suck.

Somehow it's viewed as naive or weak to introspect or reflect on any given thought when that's triggered by something as superficial as the end of a movie. I wonder why that is. Actually I don't wonder why. I just don't know why, but to be honest I don't care why.

So there you have it. You read it here first. Ghost Town isn't a bad movie and it can make you think about your own life (If you're able to accept that a movie (*gasp*) has just made you realize some things you had forgotten about).

Worst case scenario is you'll spend a couple of hours looking at Tea Leoni. I can think of worse ways of spending two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment